You can download our Student/Parent Handbook
Code of Conduct:
Behavior: At Emotions Dance Studio we strive for excellence. Appropriate behavior is mandatory. Emotions Dance Studio Inc. reserves the right to excuse a parent and/or student from the premises for inappropriate or disrespectful behavior.
Lobby/Waiting Room Behavior: Emotions Dance Studio Inc. is a business, please refrain from excessive noise and inappropriate discussion, including tuition, placement decisions, casting decisions, political, religious etc. Also, please help keep our studio clean by disposing of all trash appropriately.
Withdraw Policy: Students may be withdrawn from class only with a 30-day written notice provided via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbal notification or phone calls will not be accepted as formal notification.
Attendance: We understand that absences can sometimes not be avoided; however, a student’s placement will be re-evaluated if frequent absences occur. Students missing three consecutive weeks will be dropped from that class and will be required to pay an additional $75.00 fee upon return. There is no guarantee that there will still be a place available in the dancer’s original class and they may be required to enroll in a different class. If a doctors note is provided, the registration fee may be waived at the discretion of the Director* however, the dancer should still try to attend class to watch the instruction.
Arrival Time: Students must arrive prepared; hair in place and proper attire 5 minutes before class time begins. Class role will be taken promptly 5 minutes into class; if a student is not present, said student will be marked late. If student has not arrived by 10 minutes after the class has begun, this will be marked as an unexcused absence. This is not a disciplinary action, but done with the student’s best interest in mind, without proper warm up a student could be easily injured.
Late Pick-Ups: We do not have the faculty or staff to monitor students who are picked up late. Any parent pick-up ten minutes or later after class has finished will be charged $5.00 or more to their account. (Depending on how late the pick-up and the frequency). There is no loitering on the premises if a student is not present to take class.
Make Up Classes: Make-up classes will be available but must be taken within 30 days of absence unless a doctor’s note is provided to Emotions Dance Studio Inc. (This will not apply after teachers have begun showcase dances).
Students With Special Needs: A parent or guardian must disclose any pertinent medical information about said student regarding disabilities including but not limited to: heart problems, respiratory problems, diabetes or related illness, sever allergies, and any and all attention deficit disorders.
Instructor/Student Body Contact. It may be necessary for instructors to place hands on the student for proper placement and correction of body alignment, choreography and instructional purposes as well as body assessment.
Medical Emergencies: In the event of a medical emergency, Emotions Dance Studio will seek emergency medical attention; health care insurance information provided on registration for will be provided to medical responders. Student’s emergency contact will be notified as soon as possible.
Student Evaluations: Individualized student evaluations will be provided in December before holiday break and at the end of the year in May.
Emotions Dance Studio provides a 32-week curriculum divided into monthly payments. Although we are not a year-round dance program, students are encouraged to continue their training over the summer with classes and intensives. Continuing dance training throughout the summer provides consistency of instruction, improves technique, and eliminates “getting back into shape” after long breaks. Dancers who wish to be considered for a higher level are required to take summer classes and intensives.
- All tuition is due on the 15th of each month for the following month. When a family registers, they will be required to pay their current month AND the next month.
- There is a once per year registration fee of $35 individual or $45 per family (unless a re-registration fee)
- There is a $5.00 PER DAY late fee for any accounts not paid by the 15th. After 15 days of an account being late, dancers will be asked to sit and not participate in class. After 30 days late, accounts will be sent to collections. There will be a $35 fee for any returned checks/declined credit cards.
- A credit card must be on file and will be charged automatically unless other arrangements have been made. Accounts not on our auto-bill system will be charged a convenience fee of $10 per month.
- If a student is absent, tuition will not be pro-rated. No exceptions.
- If a student is absent, they may take make-up classes within 30 days of the absence. Students are allowed to take their level or levels lower as make up classes. Once end of the year showcase dances have started, make up classes may be limited.
- There are some months where there are more classes and somewhere there is less, your monthly tuition stays the same because it is based on a weekly curriculum divided into monthly payments.
- Emotions Dance Studio follows the Seminole County School Schedule (with some exceptions). Please see our calendar for days off etc. We start one week after school begins to give students time to adjust to their sleep, daytime and after school schedules and then we begin the following week. We also finish our school year at a similar time as Seminole County to ensure that dancers have some vacation. We begin our summer classes/intensives in June.
- If a student takes an extended leave of absence (non-medical reasons) for 30 days or more:
- Student will need to re-register when returning to Emotions Dance Studio
- Re-registration is subject to class availability (previous class may be filled)
- Re-registration is subject to a fee of $75.00
- Dancers who take classes at Emotions Dance Studio will not be permitted to take classes at any other studio. There are many reasons for this, but it ultimately can cause discrepancies in instruction.
- All classes begin with a proper warm up; students who arrive late may miss this warm up and risk getting injured. Because of this risk, dancers who are late may be asked to watch class instead of participate.
- Dress Code
- It is important for discipline and structure for each class to have a dress code. Dress code allows instructors to see dancer placement and alignment correctly, while also allowing dancers to get the most out of class. See our full dress code description on the following pages. The last week of the month is “Wear What You Want Week” where dancers are allowed to wear their colored leotards and leggings.
- Teachers & Assistants
- Emotions Dance Studio takes great pride in the professionalism and education level of our teachers. Most of our instructors have degrees in dance and have also taken classes in psychology and education to help bring the most into the classroom. Many of our teachers are current or former professional dancers in local and national companies, including Emotions Dance Company.
- In some of our larger classes, teaching assistants may be used. These assistants are selected based on an application and interview and are part of our level IV classes usually. Teacher assistants are used to help demonstrate, help keep class running smoothly and to also gain knowledge and experience from our educated, professional teachers.
- Placement Classes
- All dancers wishing to enroll in any level I, II, III or IV class will need to take a placement class for the selected discipline. Our classes are not tailored to age, but to ability level, and at times, dancers may be in different levels. This allows Emotions Dance Studio to create a customizable experience for each dancer that will help them get the most out of each class. Placement classes are held during registration week and throughout the year for any dancer that enrolls late. Dancers may also be asked to move to a different level during the year as decided by their instructor.
- All dancers in all levels will receive evaluations on their technique, ability, and behavior in class in December before holiday break and at the end of the year. This helps the dancer and parent focus on areas that are challenging as well as to see improvement. These evaluations will also help determine whether a dancer is ready for a different level.
- Students who are disruptive in class may be asked to sit out of class for a period of time. If this happens, the student is not eligible to make up the class.
- Repeated discipline issues will result in a meeting with the student, parent, teacher and studio owner.
- If you need a parent/teacher conference, please call ahead to schedule. Unfortunately there is not enough time in between classes to talk with the teachers/owner extensively about any issues or concerns.
- Emotions Dance Studio hosts an annual showcase at the end of our school year to showcase what dancers have learned and experienced throughout the year. Emotions Dance Studio also offers additional performances throughout the year in the form of festivals, events, and local performances. We also host a special Parent Observation Week right before we break for the holidays, where classes showcase their talents with a holiday flare!
- Dancers in special programs like our Competition, Pre-Professional, or EDC II programs will also have additional performances throughout the year.
- All students are required to participate in the end of the year showcase as this helps with dancers artistry, stage presence, and teamwork and performance skills. Dancers with substantial absences in March, April and May may not be in the sections of their showcase dance that were taught when they missed.
- Showcase costume packages are set up to help families pay for recital throughout the first half of the year. All recital costume packages include the costume, tights, and a commemorative t-shirt and can be paid for in full or in monthly payments. Full payment is due Feb 15.
- The Studio
- Our state-of-the-art facility has sprung floors, which help prevent injuries to dancers. Professional mirrors, barres, and sound system. Plus our large studio has the ability to turn into a “mini theatre” where we often hold performances. We have three large studio rooms for all class sizes. The studio also has two large dressing rooms, a homework room where students can study and do their homework in between classes, and we also have a resident physical therapist and massage therapist that are in the studio weekly to provide injury assessments and recommendations as needed.
- For the safety of all those at Emotions Dance Studio, we ask that there be no unattended children at the studio at any time. Children who are not in class need to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please note that Emotions Dance Studio is not responsible for your child before or after dance class or for any student outside of the studio on studio property without parent or guardian supervision.
- Dancers will be required to put all cell phones, laptops, or communication devices in the studio bins and will not be allowed to access these items until their classes are over. If a parent needs to contact a student, please call the studio (407) 788-1659.
- No child will be allowed to leave the studio with any other parent or individual unless written notice has been given to the front desk or owner. This is for the safety of your children.
- Please check our website and Facebook for up to date information on any class cancellations due to weather.
- Please also check the studio bulletin board and your email for up to date announcements etc. We put a lot of time into preparing these items for you, please read these FIRST before emailing, calling, or asking for information.